Center-Based Autism Therapy For Children In Texas.
Autism disorder is a developmental disease that leads to significant social, communicative, and behavioral difficulties. It has been among the fastest-growing disabilities among children in Texas, affecting how they communicate, engage others, interact amongst themselves, and learn. People with autism have a wide range of cognitive, reasoning, and problem-solving abilities, ranging from gifted to highly impaired.
If your child has been diagnosed with autism or other developmental disorders, you should reach out to the Wayman center to help them develop their skills to live normally with other children. Based in Plano, we offer credible center-based autism (aba) therapy for children diagnosed with it and other developmental disorders in Texas.
What Is Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy?
Applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy focuses on the science of individual learning and behavior of people with autism, especially children. Dr. Ivar Lovaas started this type of therapy in the 1960s. He believed that one could teach these children social and behavioral skills enabling them to live normally. It helps to reinforce the desired behaviors of these people while discouraging the undesired behaviors such as throwing regular tantrums and aggression.
Our specialists give the children simple rewards when they behave as expected, minimizing negative behavior. Also, these rewards encourage positive skills in the children, such as communication and language. Lastly, positive reinforcement will help improve your child’s attention, memory, social skills, and academics.
Types Of ABA Therapy Strategies Offered in Wayman Center, Texas
Wayman Center provides different types of autism therapy for children in Texas depending on the child’s age and the goals for the treatment.
Some of these strategies include:
a. Discrete trial training. This strategy involves breaking down the children’s lessons into smaller tasks. When your child carries out each task correctly, the therapists reward them with simple gifts like their favorite snack.
b. Early start Denver model. This strategy is for kids below four years, where they participate in games and other fun activities that will help your child learn the language, social, and cognitive skills
c. Pivotal response training. This strategy aims for the children to start and maintain conversations with others, improve their urge to learn, and monitor their behavior.
d. Early intensive behavioral intervention. This strategy is for children below five years. It instills positive behavior and minimizes the undesired behavior.
Benefits Of Center-Based Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy
a. It helps rectify behavioral problems and maladaptive behaviors. Some of these include throwing regular tantrums each time things do not go their way, injuring themselves, aggression, and other behaviors that might make it difficult for them to coexist with their family and other children.
b. It helps to develop the behavioral skills for children with autism
c. It helps to teach autistic children simple and complex skills such as brushing teeth and thanking people for gifts or good things done to them.
d. It gives their parents a guide to teaching the children at home while tracking their progress.
e. It gives hope for children with autism to learn and modify their behaviors. For instance, the children can learn how to make friends, share toys with their friends and sleep throughout the night.
What Makes This Autism Therapy Center Stands Out?
1. The Wayman Center admits all children diagnosed with autism and other developmental disorders. It is not discriminative of any race, religion, nationality, origin, ethnicity, or color.
2. We provide a one-to-one staff ratio to ensure that we cater adequately to your child’s individual needs. We do not see the children as a group but as individuals with different needs. Therefore, they should be catered for differently, too.
3. We have a knowledgeable and well-trained staff who have gained experience working with these children. Therefore, you will not need to worry about your child’s welfare. They are in safe hands.
4. The center offers high-quality services since we value the progress of every child that you bring to us.
5. The Wayman Center allows the parents to improve their children’s behavior problems. Parents can visit their kids at any time and maybe join in the processes to make the child feel more comfortable. Therefore, they will be more compliant with the tasks given.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to learn more about your child’s disorder or seek help correcting their negative behaviors and developing other desirable skills. We will handle your child professionally with lots of love and care. So, get in touch with us right away to start the admission process for your child.