We are regularly asked for recommendations on different tools, training, resources and services available to businesses online. People particularly want to know what tools we use on our blogs.
As a result we’ve put together a list of recommended resources that we’ve either personally used or which have come highly recommended to us by people we trust.
We will add to these lists as we come across new resources that we think you should know about.
Tools and Services for SEO
- SEMScoop Keyword Tool – a smart out of the box keyword research and SERP analysis tool for digital marketers, bloggers, and small businesses who are interested in improving their site’s overall ranking. It can help find true ranking opportunities & low SEO difficulty terms to create smart and competitive contents.
- The On-Page SEO Checker tool – allows you to easily monitor your rankings as well as find some recommendations on how to improve your website’s performance.
- KWFinder – is a great SEO tool when it comes to finding the best keywords and run analysis reports on backlinks and SERP.
- Answer the Public – Want to find topics for your next blog? Use this free SEO tool to create content around specific keywords.
- Yoast SEO – is the best SEO plugin for you. You can use it to optimize meta tags and content, generate sitemaps and much more.
Tools for Social Media Management
- Hootsuite – most companies have multiple social media accounts and find it difficult to manage them all manually. Hootsuite is a social media marketing tool that can help you manage all of your social media accounts from a single dashboard.
- Tagboard – allows users to aggregate data from major social media websites into impactful displays that can be embedded and re-displayed on various channels.
- Socialbakers – enables brands to work smart on social media through artificial intelligence (AI) to understand audience behavior. This tool helps you to engage and grow your customer base through content personalization.
- Sprout Social – Sprout Social is a social media management tool that enables you find, form, and deepen real connections with people. It is a collaborative platform that ensures faster, smarter, and efficient social communications.
Tools for Productivity and Team Management
- Evernote – where I manage a lot of my brainstorming, note taking, capturing of ideas, writing of blog posts and much much more!
- Slack – the tool we use for our team’s internal communications.
- Trello – another tool that we use internally for communications and project management
- Fantastical – a great calendar app for Macs and iOS.
- Wunderlist – my todo list application
Other Resources and Tools
- Ecamm Live – an amazing tool for Mac users to create Facebook LIVE videos
- BuzzSumo – a fantstic tool for analysing how well content is being shared on your site (or anyone else’s)
- MarsEdit – a little Mac blog editor that allows me to write content and upload it to my blog without actually logging into WordPress
- QuickBooks – QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.
- Zoom – a tool that we use for webinars but also to broadcast to Facebook Live video that allows bringing on guests and screen sharing.
- ScreenFlow – a tool for recording Screencasting
- Grammarly – a very cool Chrome extension that checks your spelling and grammar for you!
- Google Analytics – a great free metrics/statistics program. It’s an industry standard, you need to have it installed!